Exchange Tradable Assets
AirCarbon applies traditional commodity exchange architecture to carbon credits. Traditional commodities (e.g.: corn, soybeans and crude oil) trade digital receipts representing commodities held in a warehouse. These warehouses are organized around predefined specs.
Similarly, we currently securitize carbon credits into 3 tradable carbon asset classes. We organize credits around the markets they serve. Carbon credits held by the exchange are held in a Trust. For every credit deposited into the Trust, a corresponding one ton Token (ACCT/ACFT/ACPT), as defined below, resides on the Exchange.
AirCarbon CORSIA Tokens (ACCT):
Each ACCT is backed by 1tCO2 carbon credit eligible under CORSIA.
AirCarbon Forestry Token (ACFT):
Each ACFT is backed by 1tCO2 carbon credit created by nature based carbon projects. Eligible credits satisfy all of the following conditions:
1) Carbon Credits are issued by under VCS/ Gold Standard/...
2) Credits were issued on or after 2018.
3) The start date of the underlying carbon project is on or after 2016.
4) Emerging markets
AirCarbon Premium Token (ACPT):
All carbon credits backing the ACPT have the following charateristics:
1) Satisfy stringent additionally criteria.
2) Satisfy at least 4 UN Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs).